Lewis Memorial Christian Village
Lewis Memorial Christian Village seeks to provide exceptional senior living and health care in a loving, Christian environment. LMCV strives to be a place where residents are honored and nurtured because every person is equally valued by God. LMCV is at 3400 W Washington Street in Springfield. You can visit their website at christianhorizonsliving.org/locations/lewis-memorial-christian-village
Lakeside has had a supporting relationship with Lewis Memorial Christian Village for many years and many Lakesiders have resided there for short-term recovery or long-term care. If you would like to help in any way, please contact the church office and we will connect you with our Co-Key Auxiliary Ladies Linda Rhodes and Carol Smith. Individual serving opportunities can be scheduled through the Activities Department or through the Volunteer Coordinator at 217-787-9600.
New Chaplain, Nick Butcher, suggests the following for those interested in volunteering at Lewis Memorial.
1.Visit one on one with residents (Nick would suggest residents who are in special need of care and comfort);
2. Help wheel residents to the Dining Room and sit with them during meals;
3. Attend church service at 10:20 or 11:15 with residents.
Other business through the LCMV Auxiliary: 200 water pitchers, five dozen knives, forks and spoons are being purchased, and $500 is being given toward the purchase of one Bus Cart and 4 garbage cans that attach. Thank you for helping us contribute towards these service items.
Last fall Lakeside paired up with Lee School in providing Thanksgiving Family Meals for some of the student families again. In early May we will be showing appreciation to the Lee School teachers. Stay tuned for details.
- For kids in low income homes who are under resourced and those living in neglect or abusive homes
- For teachers/staff who are serving children with a wide variety of needs and potentials
- For a good spring for students and teachers in 2023.
- Pray for safety for all of our schools.
- Check out the Lee School website as an aid to your prayers: sps186.org/o/lee
Pioneer Bible Translators
Pioneer Bible Translators worldwide is now a team of 573 working among 100.3 million people speaking 106 languages in 27 countries! Visit the PBT website at: pioneerbible.org
Brand New Bibles: Pioneer Bible translators Jeff and Laura Wilhoit will be traveling to Guinea for a June 23-25 celebration of a translation of the Bible for the Toma people. The Bibles arrived in port April 4. Pray for the 3,000 Bibles to be released from port quickly so they can be transported upcountry to the Toma area in time for the dedication.
Pray for the literacy training and preparations for the dedication. PBT is also working on publishing 20+ books of the Toma Bible electronically by the end of this year, bringing the total number of published books to over 40. Laura reports that in the summer of 2022 they received the complete dramatized audio Toma New Testament that a partner organization Faith Comes By Hearing recorded when Jeff was in West Africa. Co-translators and several Toma speakers voiced all the parts.
- Pray for all the people who will soon have the opportunity to hear and read the whole Bible in their own heart language and be transformed by doing so.
- Pray for the preparation and planning of a new Global Sending and Sign Language Center to be built on the PBT grounds in Dallas, TX through Jeff's leadership and oversight.
- For more frequent updates from Jeff & Laura contact email@example.com
- Some needs: a Smartphone for Toma translator to help with distribution, and external hard drive ($5,500) and 3,000 copies of the Bible at $19 each.
- Praise! Pastor Jeremie, Joseph & Daniel are now in good health and leading literacy training.
Lake Springfield Christian Assembly
Lake Springfield Christian Assembly is wrapping up their retreat hosting season while they prepare for summer 2023 camping season. This year's summer camps will met around the theme of "Who Am I"? The focus will be on who the Bible says they are, as they find their identity in Christ.
- Pray for the camp with Prayer Points at lscacamp.org/pray
- Pray for the gathering of summer staff and Discovery Camp Director
- Pray for students and parents considering a week of camp.
- Pray for funds for a replacement roof on the "steel tent" at $24,000
- Pray for funds to cover escalating costs for food and utilities
- Pray for the filling of open positions of Part time Maintenance Assistant, Discovery Camp Director, and the 2023 Summer Staff. see LSCAcamp.org
- Lakesider volunteers Lola Garrison, Norm Smith ,and George Ware spent the summer of 2022 keeping the grass mowed and the camp beautiful for ministry.
- Brad Owen serves on the Executive Board at LSCA.
- Serve at LSCA. Find many opportunities at lscacamp.org/serve
- Plan to serve with your family or small group during Spring Service Days (April 22, May 13).
Thank you to each of the many Lakesiders who’ve helped at camp. Praise the Lord for all the campers who had the opportunity to become more like Christ, to learn how to lead in Christ-like ways, to develop Christian friendships and to simply have fun! Thank you also for contributing 15 Large Cans of Tomato Sauce and $1,100 to the LCSA pantry for summer camping season!
Love Packages Collection
Would you like to help Christians around the world while simplifying your life? Drop off your unneeded Christian literature to Love Packages, a local ministry fueling international missions work and sending the gospel to the ends of the earth by putting donated bibles and other Christian literature into the hands of people around the world.
Below is a list of items you may drop off :
- Bibles (New or used, any translation, New Testaments or other portions, individual gospel booklets)
- Reference Material (Dictionaries, Bible dictionaries, concordances, commentaries, etc.)
- Books (All Christian books – adult or children, non-fiction)
- Magazines and Daily Devotionals (Any devotionals or magazine from a Christian publisher}
- Sunday School Materials (Adult quarterlies and teacher manuals from all publishers; children’s quarterlies with the teacher’s manual and full student manuals.)
- CDs, DVDs, BluRay (Music, movies, teaching from well known speakers [Billy Graham, Swindoll, etc.])
- Tracts (All tracts)
- Puppets, Nativity Sets, etc.
- Bible games, biblical puzzles (anything that helps teach the gospel, especially to children)
Visit lovepackages.org or call 217-532-6701 to find out more about the ministry and how you can donate or help process donations. Be sure to view the "Nickle Tour" video on the website. The ministry is located at 220 Union St, Butler, IL 62015.