News & Updates
Sr. High and Jr. High Youth Group
Sr. High Youth Group and Jr. High Youth Group has been having a great time being back together on Sunday evenings! Throughout each night, we are focusing on living out our Christian faith by discussing how to love, care, and share about Jesus to those around us. They are each meeting bi-weekly on opposite Sunday evening from 6:30-8pm. Sr. High will be meeting again on October 18th. And Jr. High will be meeting on October 25th.
Recent baptisms at Lakeside include Adam Wise and Emma Curtis. Please pray for and encourage these who have pledged their allegiance to Jesus and lift up those who are contemplating taking a next step of faith. If you would like to learn more about baptism, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a conversation.
Election November 3rd
Lakeside will once again provide a polling place for three township precincts on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov 3. Be sure to exercise your right to vote for your leaders and join us in prayer for our country and this upcoming election. Pray also for the safety of the poll workers and of all those who will be voting. For a guide to praying for the election: reviveourhearts.com/how-pray-upcoming-election
Daylight Savings Time Ends November 1st
Before you go to bed on Oct 31, remember to turn your clocks back an hour as Daylight Savings Time ends at 2 AM on Nov 1. If you forget, you might be an hour early for services at Lakeside!
Parking Lot Debt Elimination
Our parking lot loan is right around $97,000.00 and we're extending a challenge to pay it off before the end of the calendar year! Wiping out that debt will free up resources for continued ministry, meeting needs of people in our community, and the work of the Kingdom through Lakeside. Prayerfully consider your extra gift, above and beyond your regular giving. You can give in 3 ways:
- Online. Go HERE to setup an electronic gift, and select the Vision Fund to direct it toward the parking lot.
- On Sunday Mornings. Drop your check in the offering bucket as the service is dismissed. Be sure to designate "parking lot" on the check memo.
- During the Week. Drop off a check during office hours, and designate it for the parking lot.
Lakeside Kids Grand Re-Opening
After seven months of online only, November 1 at 10:30 a.m. Lakeside Kids Area will be open: Nursery through 5th Grade. Kids and volunteers are encouraged to wear their favorite costumes on November 1. (Please no scary costumes or pretend weapons. Thank you!)
We will have new procedures to keep everyone safe:
- What to bring: BABIES: one or two diaper and wipes KIDS: If your child will need a drink, bring a water bottle with their name on it
- In the lobby, as you check-in, click on the "CHANGE" button under your child's name, then select the area your child will be going to
- After you have checked-in your whole family, go to the table in front of the Kid's Area doors to get your child's tags
- We will have maximum capacity numbers for each area. The table volunteers will admit children for each area.
- If an area meets capacity, additional children for that area will not be allowed
- All volunteers and Children 3 years old through 5th grade will wear masks throughout the Lakeside Kids hour
- Children 3 years old through 5th grade will sit on squares on the floor safely spaced in their rooms
- Children 3 years old through 5th grade will have their own individual supply bag (markers, glue sticks...) with their name on it that they will use each Sunday
- When service is over, one parent may come to pick up children at the table in front of the Kids Area doors
- Please have your pick up tag ready and stand on the circles on the floor in line for pick up
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO OPEN LAKESIDE KIDS!!!!