Groups and classes are a great way to become a deeper part of community at Lakeside while digging into God’s Word. This winter/spring we are offering several options for participants.
1. Sermon-Based Groups. Our sermon-based groups offered throughout the week as you will see in the schedule on our "Small Groups" page. Just listen to the weekly sermon from the gospel of John and complete a few study-guide questions each week before meeting to discuss, encourage, and sharpen one another. The sermon series will be called, "First Love".
2. Financial Peace University. Evan & Courtney Westlake will be leading through a nine-week class that will help you use your money in a God-honoring way while saving for emergencies, paying off debt, spending wisely and investing for your future. The class is limited to 15 participants. FPU will start February 2.
3. Forgiving What You Can’t Forget is a 12-week class for women who are ready to deal with the pain of carrying unforgiveness. Traci Hannah and Teresa Tudor will be facilitating this class which is limited to 10 participants.
4. The Spiritual Disciplines of Jesus. Eric Radecki will be leading a class about emulating the practices of Jesus each Wednesday from 6:00-7:30 PM in the Worship Center. This is a great chance for you to learn and practice disciplines as you cooperate with the Holy Spirit.
5. The Art of Marriage. This 7-week class is for couples of all ages who want to be at the heart of God's design for marriage. Meets Sundays at 9:00 AM in Room 128 with Paul & Sunny Boatman.
Sign up for a group or class by clicking on this link: lakesidechristian.com/Groups. Groups start up the week of January 12. Lakeside’s Kids Groups and Jr. Hi. Student Groups will be meeting each Wednesday from 5:45 to 7:45 which should be a help for parents interested in a group of their own. Below are more details about groups and classes.
Financial Peace University is a nine-week class designed to help you with a step-by-step plan to use your money in a God-honoring way. You will learn how to save for emergencies, pay off debt fast, spend wisely, and invest for your future. The class led by Evan & Courtney Westlake will feature video presentations with commonsense teaching of biblical money principles that work. We have room for a limited number of participants so sign up soon. The class will begin on Wednesday, February 2 at 6 pm at Lakeside Room 120. Children’s programming for birth through 5th Grade is also available.
The Spiritual Disciplines of Jesus is a 12-week class led by Eric Radecki and meeting in the Worship Center on Wednesdays at 6 pm. If we want to follow after Jesus and emulate his behaviors, then we ought to know what he did. Jesus was fully God, one with the Father and the Holy Spirit. The Gospels show us how Jesus, also fully human, modeled a partnership of the Spirit in practical behaviors for his followers to imitate. This class will delve into the spiritual disciplines practiced by Jesus and give us the opportunity to put them into practice ourselves. Children’s programming for birth through 5th Grade is also available.
Forgiving What You Can’t Forget is a 12-week class for women led by Traci Hannah and Teresa Tudor. The class is for those who are ready to deal with the pain of carrying unforgiveness. An investment of reading and personal study is required for the healing, growth, and freedom of this journey. This video-based class will begin on Thursday, January13 at Lakeside, Chapel. Book and study guide purchase of $20 will be required. Group size is limited to ten and is filling.
The Art of Marriage is a 7-week class for couples of all ages led by Paul & Sunny Boatman. Every marriage is a blending of colorful personalities textured by circumstances which God can turn into a masterpiece. This class will begin at 9:00 AM on Sunday, February 13 at Lakeside Room 128. A workbook purchase of $10 is required. [Some of you may have started this class in February 2020 when it was interrupted by Covid. If so, find your workbook and join us the class again.]